Friday, February 18, 2011

Uncle Kracker Says Some Acts are "Miserable" to Go on Tour With.


Concert videos make it look like artists are having an absolute blast on the road. But UNCLE KRACKER says that's not always the case. Some acts are actually miserable to tour with. That's why Cracker is looking forward to opening for KENNY CHESNEY'S "Goin' Coastal" tour. He says, quote, "(Kenny and I) are both pretty laid-back cats, and he's just such a great dude, so we do well together. "He's just a great guy and a lot of fun to be around, and I'm a pretty fun person. The last thing you want is to be out on the road with some miserable group, just putzing around. "I've been on plenty of tours where there's no interaction between bands at all. But when you're out with Chesney, all day every day, there's something fun happening." While we're on the subject: Uncle Kracker is currently in Nashville recording his next album. He says he's written about 20 songs and describes them as, quote, "A little more Americana. I don't want to say rootsy, but I think it's more 'me' than the last record was." No word on when that album will be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment