Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trace Adkins Says He Earned His Role in "The Lincoln Lawyer"


It may seem that famous musicians are just GIVEN movie roles because, well, they're famous. But TRACE ADKINS says that wasn't the case for his part as a badass biker in MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY'S movie "The Lincoln Lawyer". Even though McConaughey invited him to try out for the role, Trace says it wasn't just handed to him on a platter. He explains, quote, "I had to go read for it. And I really appreciate the fact that the director Brad Furman told me, "I didn't know who you were. You got the part because you won the part."I appreciated that." Then again, Trace didn't "appreciate" that the director was that clueless. He said, quote, "But it kind of hurt my feelings at the same time. I thought I was a bigger deal than that. 'What do you mean you don't know who I am?'" By the way, if you haven't seen the movie yet, don't get your hopes up about seeing a lot of Trace. He's only in it for three minutes. Here's how he describes his scenes. Quote, "I'm in it at the beginning, and the end, and there's a buncha crap in the middle."

No comments:

Post a Comment