Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trace Adkins Insisted on Coming Right Home After His House Burned Down.

TRACE ADKINS' wife Rhonda is cool. Maybe too cool. As you may recall, Trace was in Alaska doing some shows and some fishing when Rhonda called saying their house burned down. And then she gave him the okay to KEEP fishing. Trace explains why that wasn't the right thing to do. He said, quote, "I told her after the plane refueled I would head back and she told me just to stay there, that there was nothing I could do in Nashville. "I told her (to) think about that headline:'Trace Adkins' House Burns, His Family Is Homeless and He Goes Fishing in Alaska.' So I came home and she was right, there was nothing I could do but hug them." Speaking of Trace: His new album is coming out August 2nd. It's called "Proud To Be Here". The title holds special meaning to Trace. He explains, quote, "It was chosen as the album title some weeks ago. "It's how I've felt ever since my first album release and during every milestone since. The title song could have been based on my life and it's about narrow escapes and the grace that guides you through. "Obviously, now after the fire, 'Proud To Be Here' takes on an even greater significance. Once again, I've been blessed and everyone is safe. I don't even want to think what could've been had it started at 3:00 A.M. instead of 3:00 P.M."

No comments:

Post a Comment