Friday, August 19, 2011

Jack Doesn't Know Jack: Literature...Oh boy...

for my Lit class, I had to read an Edgar Allen Poe story and write a report on it. Easy enough. So, I read the story on my trusty Ipod and thought it was a great idea to begin the report with the opening line of the book So, I wrote “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times” I got an F!! Why!?!?!

a. It was one of Poe’s earlier lesser-known pieces and wasn’t accepted for the assignment

b. Maybe I should have used “Cliff notes” and not “Murray’s Guide to great Lit papers” , because the story I read wasn’t written by Edgar Allen Poe , but rather Charles Dickens “A Tale of Two Cities”

c. Because my spelling and punctuation were almost non-existent

Congratulations to Kelley from Otisville for knowing that the correct answer was "B". Thank you all for participating this week! Good luck to all the finalists! One lucky person is now going to win a $100.00 Staples gift card! Stay tuned to see who it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment