Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kelly Clarkson Will Record More Country Music. But Don't Expect Her to Abandon Pop

KELLY CLARKSON is always getting asked if she plans to switch from pop to country. And it picked up steam earlier this month when she was nominated for a CMA Best Female Vocalist award. Well, Kelly's answer is that she's sticking with both. She says, quote, "I think we're going to try and do (some) songs just for country music, and keep doing stuff for pop, as well. For me, if it's a great song, let's just cut it, and not worry about where it lands. Whatever it ends up sounding like, that's great. "As long as it's a natural thing, and it's something I love, I'm totally cool with doing it." Kelly's been getting a lot of love from country fans lately, but that won't change her course. She says, quote, "I have a great career. I never want to compromise my career just to get more fans. I think that's cheesy, and I think it's transparent, as well."

No comments:

Post a Comment