Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Darius Rucker Accepts Invitation to Join Grand Ole Opry.


Congratulations to Darius Rucker, who accepted an invitation to become the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry Tuesday night. Opry member Brad Paisley surprised Darius with the invite during Tuesday night's show as part of a fake question and answer session. Brad stood up in the audience and popped the question to Darius, and he said yes to the Opry invite. Darius shed tears at the good news. He said backstage after the invite, "I was totally, totally taken by surprise today, and I’m amazed that everybody in my life knew, and they’re all here. I didn’t know any of them were here until I walked off the stage."
As for getting the invitation from his pal Brad, Darius says, "There is nobody in the business that I would have wanted to do that more than Brad Paisley. If I was to choose the person to ask me to join, it would’ve been Brad." Brad later tweeted that inviting Darius to join the Opry was one of the greatest honors of his life. He told his friend, "Welcome to your new home pal." Darius's Opry induction will air live on GAC's Noteworthy at the Opry on the night of October 16. Darius is the first African American artist to join the Opry since Charley Pride became a member in 1993.

Check Out The Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment