Monday, October 8, 2012

Eric Church Is Not Afraid to Admit That His Biggest Influences Are Rock Stars Like Bob Seger, AC/DC and Black Sabbath.


I get a little annoyed when old school artists complain that country music isn't what it used to be. Of course it's not. That would be boring. So props to ERIC CHURCH for pushing the idea that change in country music is a good thing. Eric told the "Detroit News", quote, "I've always felt like evolution was a great part of the growth of country music. Yeah, I grew up on country, but I also grew up on AC/DC, Metallica, Pantera and Black Sabbath." And even though Eric has opened for a lot of big name country acts . . . like Rascal Flatts, Miranda Lambert and Jason Aldean, he's not afraid to admit his biggest influence as a performer was touring with BOB SEGER. Eric said, quote, "Bob came out there with sound and lights, that's it; and when he walked out there the place went (super) crazy. "It was about the music, it was about the energy in the room. Those were the loudest shows I played that year, and I played with everybody."

No comments:

Post a Comment