Friday, June 17, 2011

Kid Rock Says He's Too Lazy To Record A Country Album

You probably know that KID ROCK started out as a rap artist before crossing over to rock and country. AOL.com asked Kid if he'll ever take the plunge and record a full-blown country album. He doesn't see it happening, because he's too lazy. He said, quote, "I enjoy music too much to narrow it down and say I'm just going to do a country album. Plus, the artists have to do so much stuff in country, and I'm a lazy butt. I don't want to have to sign autographs and go talk to radio about your single. "You can't play your show and get off the stage at 11 and then go have a good time and then get up and go to radio to ask them to play your songs the next morning. I don't knock it, but I'm not sure I want to do that!" By the way, Kid knows he's kind of a polarizing figure. The sort of guy people seem to either love or hate. But he welcomes the opportunity to change their minds. He says, quote, "I think people are more surprised that they like me when they meet me. I came down (to Nashville) with an open heart, and I've had people tell me, 'I was surprised that I like you'."

No comments:

Post a Comment