Monday, January 23, 2012

Lee Brice's Tour Bus Caught Fire While He and His Crew Were Inside . . . But No One Was Hurt.

LEE BRICE'S tour bus caught fire on Saturday a few hours before his show at TOBY KEITH'S I Love This Bar and Grill in Mesa, Arizona. Lee and some of his crew were on the bus at the time but everyone got off safely. Lee told Phoenix's KNXV-TV, quote, "I was sleeping. A few of us were sleeping. They were like,'bus is on fire, we're not kidding.' So we had to run off and within a couple of minutes it was in flames. The whole back was burned through." After firefighters cleared the passengers they pulled out the luggage and equipment. A few items were lost, like stage clothes and some gear. Officials believe the fire started in the engine area, perhaps from a short in the bus batteries. Lee put it all in perspective when he said, quote, "You know what, everybody is okay and that's really the most important thing. We're blessed. We'll be okay." By the way . . . Lee Brice and his band managed to shake the whole thing off and still do their show that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment