Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Miranda Lambert Would Love to Add a Song of the Year Award to Her Trophy Case.

Country artists are always talking about wanting to win an ACM or CMA Entertainer of the Year award. And although I'm sure MIRANDA LAMBERT wouldn't turn one down . . . she thinks the Song of the Year award is just as special. She told Toledo, Ohio's "The Blade", quote, "I would love to have a song that I wrote by myself to win a Song of the Year. "There is just something special, something that makes you reach deep down into who you are as an artist, when you write a song all on your own. "I wrote 'Dear Diamond' and 'Safe' on 'Four the Record' on my own, and I am so proud of those songs." Obviously, Miranda has a few other things she's proud of too. Like when LORETTA LYNN singled her out as the artist that reminded her of herself. Miranda has a good idea why. She says, quote, "I think [Loretta] and I love and believe in the same kind of songwriting . . . authentic, no-holds-barred country songs. "I know I've always thought that she is one of the strongest women in music, and I hope I can set that kind of example as well. I would love to have a career like hers where I am still making music that I love well into my later years."

No comments:

Post a Comment