Monday, April 30, 2012

Vince Gill Laughs At "Def Leppard-Sounding" Country Songs.

VINCE GILL did a phone interview with the "Chicago Tribune" and they asked if he's in favor of the rock-oriented country music coming out of Nashville that "sounds like DEF LEPPARD." Vince, who is one of the most easygoing guys ever, actually took the bait and ran with it. He said, quote, "It makes me laugh when I hear this Def Leppard-sounding record with a guy singing to me about how country he is. "I appreciate them wanting to rock as hard as they want, but it's humorous to me that, lyrically, they're screaming about how hot your chick is in your truck."

(--The "Tribune" wrote that Vince may have been taking a swipe at LUKE BRYAN . . . even though Luke's name never came up in the interview that they published.)

(--The "truck" line actually sounds more to me like JASON ALDEAN'S song "She's Country" . . . when he sings, quote, "She's a hot little number in her pick-up truck.")

No comments:

Post a Comment