Friday, May 18, 2012

Dolly Parton and Several Other Country Stars React to the Death of Donna Summer.

Several country artists decided to make their feelings known about the passing of DONNA SUMMER. Most of them reached out on Twitter, but DOLLY PARTON, who was pretty tight with Donna, released a formal statement. Here it is: Quote, "I can't believe we've lost another wonderful singer. Donna, like WHITNEY, had one of the greatest voices ever. I loved her records. "She was the disco queen, and will remain so. I knew her and found her to be one of the most likable and fun people ever. She will be missed and remembered." Donna Summer and her husband wrote the song "Starting Over Again", which was a Number One country hit for Dolly back in 1980. (--REBA MCENTIRE also did a version. It peaked at #19 in 1996.)
Here are a few reactions from some other country stars . . .
Sara Evans: "I absolutely love her music! Had her albums as a child and memorized them! She'll be missed!"

Billy Ray Cyrus: "Legend!!! Your music will live forever."

(Oak Ridge Boys') Joe Bonsall: "R.I.P. Donna Summer. Disco Queen dies at 63 of cancer . . . #lastdance."

LeAnn Rimes: "Donna Summer . . . RIP. Saddened she's gone so soon."

Reba McEntire: "My thoughts and prayers go out to Donna Summer's family. I will miss her but she will live on through all her wonderful music!"

No comments:

Post a Comment