Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Darth Vader Kid From the Volkswagen Super Bowl Ad Needs Open Heart Surgery.


Remember the "Darth Vader kid" from that awesome 2011 Volkswagen Super Bowl commercial?  Well, his name is MAX PAGE.  He's seven years old, and today, he'll be undergoing open-heart surgery. Max was born with a heart defect, and the surgery will replace his pulmonary valve and repair a hole in his heart.
In an e-mail to the website BusinessInsider.com, Max's mom says she and Max have spoken about the upcoming surgery extensively, and even made a list of things he CAN DO while he's recovering. That way, he won't focus on all that things he CAN'T do this summer. She said, quote, "[Max told me], 'Mom I don't have a choice. I have to go through it. I don't like it and it's still scary . . . but I have to. So I think I might as well go through it with a good attitude.'" When he's not acting, Max helps raise money for other kids with heart conditions. And he asked his mom to include this message from him in her e-mail . . .
"Kids, if you use your FORCE and dream big, you can achieve anything.  We may be small . . . but we're mighty!" 

(--You can read the whole e-mail here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment