Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dierks Bentley Wants the Tape Deck Put Back in His Old Truck!


Like all music fans of a certain age, Dierks Bentley grew up listening to his favorite albums on cassette tapes. Since Dierks is also a guy who likes to hold on to old things like his 1994 Chevy Silverado forever, it's no surprise he's still a big fan of cassette tapes.  In fact, Dierks is thinking about having a tape player put back in his old truck. Dierks recently got a CD player put in his truck.  Describing his trip to the stereo shop, Dierks explains, "I said, 'What kind should I get?'  They go, 'Well, George Jones got this one.'  I was like, 'Well, I'll get that one.' It's just a disc player, and I'm like, 'I miss the tape deck.'" Dierks actually has a few mixtapes he made himself still laying around his house. One of them is arranged with music to play before 5 p.m. on one side and music for after 5 p.m. on the other. The nighttime music includes classic country songs by the likes of George Jones, Faron Young and Moe Bandy. Says Dierks, "You don't want to listen to that stuff during the daytime. It's just too lonesome. So, that's probably one of my favorite mixtapes, but I can't play it right now." Unfortunately, Dierks' latest album, Home, is not available on cassette, but you can get it on CD or online. The latest single from that project, "5-1-50," is headed for the top of the country chart in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment