Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Keith Urban Is Excited That His Music is Finally Getting Played in . . . Australia?!?

KEITH URBAN is from Australia, so obviously, his music is played nonstop Down Under, right? Nope.  And according to Keith, it has to do with outdated stereotypes that his Aussie mates have about country music. But the good news is that's changed now that he's a star on the Australian version of "The Voice"(--He's one of the four "coaches" . . . along with Seal, Delta Goodrem, and Joel Madden from Good Charlotte.) Keith talked about it in an interview in the Australian edition of "GQ".  He said, quote, "The best thing about ['The Voice'] has been the chance for people [here] to get to know me. "My music doesn't really get played here despite it having a lot of appeal elsewhere, so I've found myself without an outlet for my songs because of various narrow stereotypes and perceptions about me. That's been a challenge. "But [the show] has offered an opportunity to connect in a different way and I hope now people check out the gigs because that’s the real show for me . . . and it ain't played on a planet of 10-gallon hats."

No comments:

Post a Comment